These support pages are taken from an older version of our support page, and as such, may be outdated. We're presenting these with a warning that the information contained may not be accurate - get in touch with our support team at 0345 145 1234 for up-to-date support for your services!
Only customers using an internet connection provided by Exa Networks will ever need to refer to our dns settings - we will take care of configuring hosted domains to point to our name servers.
Rather than manually configuring the settings listed here, users connecting through our xDSL or dialup accounts should opt to automatically obtain DNS settings within their connection settings.
For all domains hosted by Exa Networks the following DNS servers will be used to provide primary DNS. These servers MUST NOT be used for resolving DNS (e.g. for connectivity) and will not do so if this is attempted.DNS Server 1 ns0.exa-networks.co.uk (184.108.40.206)
DNS Server 2 ns1.exa-networks.co.uk (220.127.116.11)
DNS settings for Exa Networks accounts:All Exa Networks dialup and xDSL accounts are, at each newly established connection to the internet, provided with configuration information that includes the correct DNS settings to use. As long as you have configured your PC or router to accept this automatic configuration, you will not need to manually enter any information other than your username and password for authentication.
For a fast and stress free transfer of your domains we recommend that you take the following steps :
UK Registered Domains
- Contact us initially and let us know that you are interested in transferring your domain to us by calling us on 0345 145 1234
- Inform your current ISP that you are wanting to transfer your domain to another ISP
- To minimize the downtime of your domain ask your isp to change the DNS server before they change the IPS tag.
- For .co.uk and UK related domains you will need to contact your current ISP and ask them to transfer your domain to our IPS tag. This is "EXA"
- If you have critical information related to your domain we can take a copy of the zone file and add it to our DNS to ensure little downtime
A .uk domain transfer will take a maximum of 48 hours from the the initial TAG change initiated by the domain owner with his current ISP. This time allows for all the relevant changes and DNS update.
All Other Domains
- For .com, .net and all other related domains we will request the domain transfer on your behalf from your current ISP
- Once this has been done an email will be sent to the current admin contact of your domain This email will be from our registrar and will need to be replied to by listed admin contact
- Once this email has been replied to, the process is automatic and straight forward
- You need to be aware that the fastest way to get a .com or related domains transferred is to ask your current ISP to change the admin contact to yourself and respond to the emails yourself
A .com, .net, .org domain transfer requires authorisation from both the domain registrant and domain registrar. Exa Networks has to initiate the transfer request on the customers behalf. Once the request is sent, the current domain registrant will be requested to allow the transfer. Once done, the domain will be pending and waiting for the current registrar approval to release the domain.
This process can take anywhere from 4 days upwards. Any transfer request will stay valid for 30 days, during which no other transfer request can be made.
Please remember due to the way caching DNS servers work, once the domain is transferred to us you will need to ask your previous ISP to remove the DNS entry for your domain. Failure to do so, may prevent DNS change to propagate out correctly and you may find your site no longer works.
Exa Networks will always release domains on requests (according to our terms and conditions) and will do its utmost to make sure that any transfer to any alternative supplier will go as smoothly as technicaly possible.